September on My Mind- Vision Month Recap
“And the Lord answered me: ‘Write the vision; make it plain on tablets, so he may run who reads it.”
- Habakkuk 2:2
It is hard to believe that we are in the last week of September. For the last few months we were gearing up for VISION MONTH and over the last few weeks we have engaged all that the Lord has for us in this new season. I want to provide a RECAP of what the Holy Spirit has given our church family as priorities to live by and a pathway to walk in.
Each Sunday I delivered messages on our CHURCH PILLARS:
1) Joyful Expectation- We believe that God can move in our midst every time we gather.
2) Genuine Love- We need each other. It is important to do life and faith together.
3) Compassionate Evangelism- We need to be understanding of where people are at in their lives and allow the Holy Spirit to continue to work on their hearts.
(If you missed any of these messages, please visit our website to get up to speed and on the same page)
Each Sunday we affirmed our FOCAL POINTS:
1) Sunday Services (9 and 10:45 am)- Nothing can replace our coming together to worship God, grow in our faith, connect with others, and serve the body.
2) Healing Nights (Wednesdays at 7 pm)- We are called to continue the ministry of Jesus and see people experience His liberty. These nights allow us to bring people who are hurting and lost into direct contact with God’s love, truth, and power!
3) Faith App- A four-week class to help take people from a “Sunday special” faith to an “Everyday Awesome” one. Each person will learn about God’s salvation plan, the power of God’s Word, how to share God’s love with others, use the gifts God has given them, and get better connected in our church family.
Each Sunday we announced NEW MINISTRIES:
1) Spirit App (Beginning in October)- A second four-week class to build on Faith App. This class will take a deeper look into the person and work of the Holy Spirit. Topics will include: How does the Trinity function? Is speaking in tongues for every believer? Are the gifts of the Spirit for today? How do you know if a word/message is from God?
2) RISE MEN- A place for guys to get connected and grow through monthly meetings (first one is this Monday, September 30th at 5:30 pm @ Andrew Hald’s house) and quarterly events.
3) Life Groups and Prayer Ministry (Coming January 2020)- We are revamping these two ministries in order to best serve and care for each person in the church. More details to come!
Each Sunday we presented COMMUNITY PARTNERSHIPS:
1) Belmont Senior Living Center- Through the music ministry of brother Mark Lybarger-Monson we spend the morning engaging seniors through song, conversation, and prayer.
2) Agoura High School (FCA HUDDLE- Thursdays @ 12:25)- We are partnering with Fellowship of Christian Athletes and student leaders to bring the Good News to every student who attends this weekly club.
3) ??????????- We are believing for the Holy Spirit to bring more partnerships with people in our church who are already doing amazing things in our city. If you have a place and/or a need you feel our church can make a difference, please let us know.
As you can tell we are full of vision and faith for this season. But even better than that we are believing for God to show us MORE: to bring us MORE PEOPLE, to see MORE SALVATIONS, to make MORE IMPACT in our community, and experience MORE ANSWERED PRAYERS and MIRACLES! May Ephesians 3:20-21 happen in our day, “Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.”