“So the churches were strengthened in the faith and grew daily in numbers.”- Acts 16:5
In the game of tennis there is a certain score which does not have numbers accompanied to it. When a player breaks a tie and is one point away from winning a game in a set it is called “Advantage” with player’s last name added. The all-time greats like Serena Williams, Roger Federer, Pete Sampras, and Steffi Graf have heard their names connected to this score countless times.
This past weekend we announced big news for a new season, one that I believe has brought us one step closer to God’s heart, God’s call to unity and fruitfulness, and God’s victory for His Church. We are moving to a Saturday Church Model (and online Sunday at 10 am) to make room for a growing local church, Atmosphere, to have a home for their church family to worship on Sundays. As we approach this blessed reality on May 1, we are living out the call to be one and share with God’s people. Acts 4:32 says, “All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of their possessions was their own, but they shared everything they had.” God is well pleased with this faith step and is preparing us all for more!
As we get ready for a month of May blossoming into the new, I wanted to share some advantages to a Saturday service. As we have been meeting on Saturday nights for the last seven months, we have found several benefits in rhythms, relationships, and reaching people that make this big change highly exciting and filled with innumerable opportunities:
· Not only will you have all day Sunday to focus on rest, time with family, and other activities, but our 5 pm service time gives you most of Saturday for the same.
· A few teachers have shared how beneficial it is to have Sunday to prep for the next week of school.
· With many jobs and kids’ activities now being scheduled on Sundays, a Saturday gathering can serve a growing number of people who are struggling to attend otherwise.
· You will now be free to attend extended family functions. I know from personal experience that my unbelieving family members often schedule events on Sundays.
· You will now be able to accept a friend’s offer to attend their church.
3) REACHING PEOPLE-
· Being out and about on Sundays will have you surrounded by people who don’t go to church and who need Jesus. Get ready to have way more interactions with people who need the light you have!
· Our church will be planning special community projects on Sundays too! From paying for people’s Starbucks to a park party to helping other churches do an outreach event, we can focus on “GOING” into our world.
Are you ready and excited for the same God, the same love, the same faith but in an entirely new way? Saturday night church is here for you!